Sunday, August 27, 2006

Belated Wedding Post

Ok, I know it happened about 2 weeks ago but that doesn’t mean I can't post about it does it... oh... it does... well I don’t care, I'll do it anyway. Lets go back a ways, to August 16th, we were headed out to the Tux shop to pick up the "Father of the Bride" labeled tux and to do the rehearsal, which was nothing special really, all we did was meet up with friends and family which I don’t really need to explain in very much detail. After the rehearsal we all went back to my trailer park home to decorate the reception hall, well at least the girls did, the guys had a bachelor party, all the guys but me, I was too young, so I was put on "unofficial" child care watching my 4 and 7 year old nephews Brendon and Connor and a 5 year old (I think) girl named Vanessa. Ok, so it was fun at first running after the Ping Pong ball every 13 seconds, but after a while it gets a little old. After they decided Ping Pong, Pool, Foose Ball, and puzzles were boring Vanessa and Brendon decided it would be fun to hit me with the paddles which was ok at first until they decided to hold nothing back and go ape on my ass as best as children could. I of course at this point it was getting sort of annoyed so I told them to stop and Brendon did immediately, but as luck would have it, of course, Vanessa didn't. After I told her about 20 times she finally decided to stop just as I lost all energy. I sat and gathered my breath, as I was breathing little Vanessa walked up to me and asked very nicely if she could please hit me with the paddle, I replied with a laughing "no," BIG MISTAKE! she reached back and with all her might swung her paddle and struck my knee right on that spot where it just hurts like hell, (the place where doctors hit you to check your reflexes) the restraint it took to keep from screaming every horrible word I could think of at her wes enormous, but knowing she was only a little kid I let go with only a very stern "Never do that again! that really hurt!". After that little incident it was basicly all down hill except for the times she made Brendon cry by messing up his games.
The next day was much better, I woke up and my knee was almost healed enough to where I could walk normally... but not quite. After playing a few video games with Brendon we set off to the chapel thingy where my sister was to have her wedding, and for just a normal wedding it was pretty fun, but it was the reception that was the best, (of course) and I am proud to admit I was part of the sober minority. There’s something about seeing moronic looking dancing drunks that makes me smile, but mostly, there’s something about seeing moronic looking dancing drunks giving lap dances that makes me smile even bigger. Of course I did my share of stupid looking dancing, but its ok, because I did it on purpose.
The next day we had an awesome Bar-B-Q with my family and my new in-laws, which as I stated in the line above was awesome. The day after that I set out to my older brothers house to help them move... or at least that’s what I said to get to go, I really did it to escape going to a health food seminar in Dallas with my parents, but i think everyone knew that. Aside from the boring 3 hour trip it was all really fun, especially the part of staying up late playing up video games... not that I don’t already do that... but I had never beaten these. (warning: nerdy video game stuf) The first game I beat was a really cool game called Shadow of the Colossus, it sounds really stupid when explaining it to other people because throughout the whole game you just fight 16 guys... but what fights they were, each one is at least 300 feet tall usually. Basically all you do is kill giant monsters via climbing the fur on their bodies if giant minator looking things or the wings of 2000 foot long sand swimming\ flying dragons. Next game on the list is Lego Star Wars, which I played almost everyday with Brendon, and yes I did ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO. Next there is crimson skies, a fun dogfighting game where you... dogfight... yeah, and I beat Halo 2, that’s all. Don’t only think that all I did at my brothers house was play video games though, no, I did much more, such as, watch movies, stay sober at a Boggle party, make jokes with and about my brothers, eat out, actually help move, and much more. Anyway, I just got back today and I'm bored... umm... The End


Thought of the Day: I DO NOT HAVE OCD! I just don't like unsequential baby cribs.

9 comments:

Blog God said...

you need to learn how to deal with kids. If the kids I watch ever try to hit me with a paddle (or anything) I find it helps to pick them up by one arm while I tell them not to do it again.
Also you can use the method of picking them up by their feet and putting them against a wall as you tell them not to do it again.
The crucifixtion method (hold them in the air, arms outstretched and up against a wall) works well too.

Anonymous said...

Nice jesse, remind me never to let you near Liliana again...heh. And Ben, that post was really funnny. Yes especially the Vanny hitting you part. And of course the Vanny being naughty part, I know all about that. ha. Sounds like you had fun though, and I'm glad that I was able to make "part" of that fun...fun. (wedding)

Living My Fairytale said...

Looks like all those years of beating you up finally paid off, Jesse. I'm so proud! *sniff
With Vanny you have to be stern if you want her to stop. If she at all thinks that you're playing with her, she goes crazy "STOOOOP NOOOO YOU BOOGER EYEBALL! NYAHAHAHHA *WHACK!!!"

Class Clown said...

I didnt want the kids to hate me like yours do Jesse, and I have never been quite as violent as you have, somthing about picking up a kid and beating the $#*% out of it just seems wrong.

Anonymous said...

Ahh Ben you must be my little brother. Jesse next time I see you we'll try the crucifixion method on you. :P

Anyway Ben, I've been meaning to thank you for helping me with the boys the night we decorated, and for that matter any other time you helped me with him. I always feel bad showing up after a year and going "Ben could you help me grab the car seat" or "Ben can you do me a HUGE favor and watch him for a few minutes." I promise I'm really not that kind of mom. I rarely ever trust anyone watching him.

Anyhow, all that to say Thank you Benny Boy. You're the greatest! Muah!

Class Clown said...

Apology... umm... thank you excepted :D

Blog God said...

guys common, you have to understand, these are methods for when you handle more than 3 children. A little spanking or a stern talking might do it for when your handling one or two, but when there's 5 of em running around, you gotta make examples. Show em your not kidding around, and then when they know your serious and you mean what you say, then they get better and you can lighten up and don't really have to spank em at all.

Queen of Clubs said...

LOL great post.. very funny.. and as for vanny.. she's my little sister... and that.. unfortunately for u.. was her way of flirting... yeaa.. it's pretty annoying Halarious none the less :D

Jamie said...

Ben the first step in overcoming a problem like OCD is to admit that you have the problem. Only once you acknowledge the problem, can you begin to solve it.

Tex

Tex