Tuesday, December 12, 2006

For Lack of Another Bad Name

This is another interactive post for anyone who feels like answering a question. You see, I was arguing with my little sister about songs (as I do quite often actually), love songs in particular and here was the argument.
Many of you may of heard the song "The Reason" by “Hoobastank”, many of you have not, also many of you may of heard of the band "five for fighting" and the song "something about you", but I am wagering even fewer of you have. I was arguing that "the reason" could kick "something about you's" ass any day in a sort of “winning your baby back” contest, but it wouldn’t be an argument if she agreed. If you have yet to hear the songs never fear, the Clown is here, and I have taken to liberty to post the lyrics......... right below...... look down!.

"the reason"
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you


"something about you"
It’s been to long and I’m about to be in time for me
It’s been to long and I’m in time

Baby there’s something about you that
I can hold on to
I’m going to hold on to that
Baby there’s something about you that
I can hold on to
I’m going to hold on to that

Theses of course are not the full songs, and of course you really can't judge unless you have actually heard the songs, but from the chorus lyrics, the best parts of both songs (yes I’m being fair), you can choose...... the song you would rather have someone sing to you that is (this is mostly for the girls).


Thought of the day: If your fat, never let people walk all over you, they might just like the squishy felling between their toes and not want to leave.

11 comments:

Amy said...

First of all you really can't gudge unless you've heard both songs. secondly the only reason I like "someting about you" better is because it isn't depressing sounding. Besides thats just my personal opinion, beacuse I like upbeat songs better. And I'll admit that the lyrics to the reason are much better, but like I said thats just my opinion.

Blog God said...

Yeah the lyrics to the first song is better, but I don't like the music to it so much.

Class Clown said...

the guy sounds more sinsere in that one, he sounds like he really means it, which is why I like it more.

Anonymous said...

i'v never heard the second one , so i say the first ones better, personally i dont like hoobastank , but that song is cool.

BarbarianDave said...

"The Reason" I have to say will probably win the award for WORST SONG EVER. It's an annoying heap of putridity.The writer of that most awful crap should be strung up by his obviously diminutive testicula and then gutted alive while being forced to listen to his song all the while. If the song ever comes on my radio I tear it out of the console and throw it into on coming traffic........I've never heard the other song.

Blog God said...

wow, sounds like dave had a bad experience with that song. Probably it was playing during one of the nights when some girl he liked rejected him back in the day.

Living My Fairytale said...

OMG Dave, I think I need to hurt you now! You see, regardless of the musical technicalities, I agree with Ben when he says that the guy really sings it like he means it. I love that song also because it holds good memories of friends and (spiritual though it may sound) you can sing it to the Lord. But I've never heard the other one

Amy said...

ben you should've put a link to the songs on youtube so ppl could hear the songs.

Anonymous said...

I like "The reason". And I agree with Jesse, I think Dave had a bad experience with the song....

Class Clown said...

well I expected david to dissagree... not that much... but yeah, so far I think I'm winning but that might just be because no one has ever even heard of the other one mostlikely. BTW, you can probally check them both out on youtube.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to go with Five for Fightings one. I can't stand the Reason. He repeats "the reason is you" one way to many times. Then again, both are sappy songs, and if a guy ever played me a silly sappy song to win me back that would be plain old lame.

But Nickleback's Far Away would kick both of those songs asses in a battle for sappiness.

Tex

Tex