Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm Not Here

People of blogtoria, I'm not here to post about my beautiful 115 pound girlfriend with the auburn hair and hourglass body, I don't have one. I'm not here to post about my adorable 6 month old baby girl who just learned her first words, I don't have one. I'm not here to post about the new way to play the latest family song on my kick ass 500$ guitar, I don't have one. I'm not here to post about the Awesome adventure I have with my best friend who is always at my side, I don't have one. I'm not here to post about my big house with the winding staircase leading to the roof, where on dark nights you can see every star, I don't have one. I'm not here to post thousands of pictures of friends I don't care about enough remember their names, I don't have them. I'm not here to post about happy memories of lying under the stars with that special person that always made me smile, I don't have them. PEOPLE, I'm not here to post about my LIFE... I! DON'T! HAVE! ONE!!!

I AM here to post about my thoughts, I have them. I'm here to post about my favorite TV show, I have that. I'm here to post about memories of BAD times, times where everything seems to go wrong, but somehow I always managed to come out feeling better then when I went in, I have them. I'm here to post about things that make ME laugh, that make ME happy, that make ME fell good, I HAVE THEM!

I'm here so I can realize that I am not like you, that I will never be like you, I will never have what you have. I will never be the guy with the totally hot girl friend everyone is drooling over. I will never be the person with the friendship people envy. I will never be the guy with the big house and cool things. In fact, I am everything I never wanted to be.

What I am is a loser, a geek, a pushover, a video game junkie, an avid comic book fan, a pop culture encyclopedia, for god sakes I spend half my time looking up the Marvel universe on WIKIPEDIA!!!.... but you know what, I think I'm ok with it. because when I go to bed between the time I lay down and the time I fall asleep... I am that guy. I am the guy with the girlfriend so hot she burns your skin when you come within 5 feet. I am the guy with the best friend I've never doubted. I’m the guy with the big house and fancy garage (that hasn’t been converted into 2 spare bedrooms). And I gotta tell you......



......it feels good.

(note) I know these last few posts haven't been as funny as the rest, and I promise I'll get back to the good old posts soon, I just needed to write these things down where people could read them. In fact just to prove I can still be funny I have made a special thought of the day just for the occasion (well not really). Oh also, in case you didn't know, that whole post about me quitting was an April fools joke.



Thought of the day: before you die I think it would be a nice gesture to check your own pulse, perform CPR, and give yourself mouth to mouth, then break the bad news to your family, just so the doctor doesn't have to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, in ten years when you are sitting next to your totally HOT girlfriend I'm going to remind you of this post. And you know, I know a certain little 5 year old boy who thinks you are the coolest uncle ever.

Anonymous said...

I personally am confused. You are the guy, you're not the guy, you wanna be the guy but you don't want to be the guy and it feels good, or you want to be the guy and that feels good - huh? It's crazy talk of the video games, man. That or your split personality. I say, whatever. Ppl just know you're cool. So stop moaning.

Clare said...

I say this is actually one of my more favorite posts of yours so far...it's real...it's great to see an honest blogger.

Class Clown said...

thank you clare, and to anonymous, I know it didn't make much sence to you, but, well, I don't think it ever could make sence to you. and I'm not moaning, or at least trying my best not to.

Living My Fairytale said...

Ben you're an original little dude with a cool voice. You were the easygoing little blonde cutie. These are the AWKWARD years. Give it a couple years and your extremities won't be too big for your body, you'll grow into your personality and you'll be thrilled with life. Don't judge your life's happiness by your hormonally challenged mid teen years. Once you hop off the roller coaster of puberty, life will look up. I know plenty of people that think you're a cool dude. And besides, you always have your imaginary friends :D

Class Clown said...

... I think the hormonal changes are over, from what people tell me my voice can't get any deeper. I won't get into the other changes, but I'm pretty sure their all done too (except for the acne, but thats clearing up real well thanks to "evil" face products.

Xact Claims Services said...

Dear Ben,

I think you're a really cool guy!

Love, Joan.

Anonymous said...

ha nice work. I know what you mean dude!!!!! Yeah, and they can't always blame it on puberty. Mine was over years ago

Tex

Tex