Saturday, July 28, 2007

Silly Japanese

I was up late last night browsing the internet when I came across this.

"In 1978, Spider-Man made his first appearance on Japanese television in Supaida-man (in English, "Spider-Man") a show done in the Tokusatsu style. Tokusatsu, which refers to Japanese live action shows using special effects, is probably best known in the United States in the form of Power Rangers television series. After acquiring the license to the Spiderman character Toei decided to spin the character into a direction they believed more suited for their audience. To that end, the story of Spider-Man in the Japanese story goes as follows:

Motor-cross champion Yamashiro Takuya finds his dying father next to a crashed spacecraft from the planet Spider, and discovers Garia -- the lone survivor of Spider who gives Yamashiro his bracelet. The bracelet gives Yamashiro his web slinging powers, as well as the ability to summon a giant robot (formed from his flying car and the aforementioned alien ship) named Leopardon. He'd need these powers and friends to face the not-so-subtly named Professor Monster and his Iron Cross Army." -Ign

Wow..... Glad I wasn't around for that.

(P.S. for all the Japanese folks reading this I have nothing against your race, in fact Sonic and Final Fantasy are some of my favorite games, I just think they are funny, and couldn’t resist posting this)


Thought of the Day: Everyone thinks I'm crazy for avoiding mirrors, but I'm sure they would too if they saw the same weirdo I did. I don't know who that guy is, but I don’t like him much.

5 comments:

Xact Claims Services said...

hahahha, well as silly as that sounds, you never know...it's probably just the writer who's writing the summary of the story in a really weird way. Must probably be an actual real super uper thing!

hahaha, Im kidding. They do come up with such stupid things....sigh.

Nat said...

That's awsome. Something always gets "lost in translation."

Anonymous said...

hey mr. hurry up and post something.. NOW!!

Anonymous said...

oh no I agree, I hate Mirrors, each one has a nasty demon that destorts my face , so I avoid them like the plague!

Alyx Jones said...

HAHAAHHAA! MY LORD THAT SOUNDS HORRENDOUSLY JAPANESE!

Tex

Tex